Susan Van Meter
Design Process: Project Completion
STEP ELEVEN: SUCCESS
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your project. I'm sure it has gone smoothly and you are happy with the results!
A few things to know:
1. The builders should perform what we call "a builders clean" for you.
2. You will need to organise, or your designer will organise a professional clean. There will most probably be lots of dust!
3. Full testing of all fixtures and fittings (if applicable) should have taken place before handover.
4. The designer or contract professional should have drawn up a snagging list. This is a list of any items that might require further attention;
perhaps something has not been painted to satisfaction or grout in the bathroom is a bit wonky. A sum will be withheld until all items on the list have been completed.
5. For larger projects there may be retention held for a longer period of time to allow the work to 'settle', the contractor will then return after 6 months to rectify the works and the final sum is released. (depends on contracts terms)
6. A Practical Completion certificate will be issued, just after the final works have finished. This allows the builder to be paid, as long as the contract administrator, the principal designer, and the client is happy.
If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer then, just contact me here.
#practicalcompletion #project #completion #interiors #refurbishment #homedesign #sustainable